Easy Does It.
While Crypton fabric is the easiest in the world to clean, it’s not self-cleaning. In reality, most new stains come off with a damp cloth and water. There is one suggested cleaning method that is universally and easily available – the use of enzyme detergent (listed below).
• Mix five parts water with one part enzyme laundry detergent (e.g., Tide® or Cheer®) to form a mixture that works well on most stains. Follow these simple steps:
• Remove excess soil and apply the soap mixture to the stained area
• Agitate stain with a soft brush
• Allow solution to remain on stain for one minute
• Blot up the stain with a dry, white towel, rinse any remaining soap and blot the area again
• Repeat if necessary
If Extraction is Required:
• Before wet-cleaning, vacuum the upholstery
• Apply cleaning solution to specific spots and lightly brush
• Follow directions on filling extraction machine with proper solution, wet the area with pre-spray and vacuum up the solution
• Be sure to extract the entire surface of the upholstered furniture to achieve uniform cleanliness
If Bleach-Cleaning is Required:
• Using bleach on Crypton (as any other textile) is dependent on the fiber content. We recommend cleaning with a 10% bleach/water mixture only on solution-dyed polyester, acrylic or 100% polyester
• Spray the 10% bleach/water mixture on the fabric and allow to linger for the time specified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Make certain to thoroughly rinse after bleach-cleaning
We know from experience that every facility has preferred cleaners and cleaning practices. Because of this fact, we’ve tested hundreds of products to ensure they won’t harm textiles, including our Crypton fabric. If there is a special cleaning agent you plan to use with a Crypton product, or for more information, contact us at email@example.com.